Sailplanner - (Expected) Frequently asked questions.
- How does it work?
- Please check out The howto I wrote on using Sailplanner.
- I lost my edit-url. Can you provide me with a new one?
- No, but you can use the copy button to copy the planner and save it to the server again. You'll receive a new edit url. Don't loose it this time!
- Can I have bigger static images?
- No. Unfortunately Google maps static API does not allow me to generate images bigger than 640x640px. This might change in the future, but for now, thats it.
- Can I login and manage my planners?
- Not yet, maybe sometime in the future.
- Sailplanner does not work for me... Whats wrong?
Sailplanner is still under development. I'm trying hard to provide a bug-free website online, but every now and then it might be broken for a while.
You can help me by sending me an email, stating your problems, including browser-version and the link to your planner. I'll try to fix it...
- Can I have your source-code?
No. Maybe some time in the future, but for now I'll keep it for my self. But you can use it free of charge.
- Why is Sailplanner not save for navigation?
First of all, Google maps is not a chart. Lots of details are available, but there is no data about depth, waterway marks and dangers.
When some sort of chart is available, even then it is not safe to use it for navigation.
Nothing is guaranteed about the correctness of these charts